The 2015 AMMCS-CAIMS Congress
Interdisciplinary AMMCS Conference SeriesWaterloo, Ontario, Canada | June 7-12, 2015
Venue & Accommodation
The conference will be taking place in the Bricker Academic Building (abbreviated as BA) located on the Waterloo Campus of Wilfrid Laurier University (see this map). The building is adjacent to the Science Research Centre.
Information regarding accommodation in Waterloo can be found in the Visitor Guide, available online. However, group reservations have been made with the following hotels to offer discounts to the conference participants. Participants should make, as soon as possible, their reservations directly with the hotel (either by phone or by email - the contact information is given below) by quoting the "AMMCS-CAIMS2015 conference" in order to receive the special discounted price.
The cut-off date for the quoted below discounted prices is April 26, 2015. Waterloo, with nearby Kitchener and Cambridge, is an important North American hub of business, located in close proximity to Toronto and the Niagara Falls. Therefore, hotel accommodation is subject to request and limited availability. Reservations are made on the first-come, first-served basis and we highly recommend making your reservation as soon as possible:
- Hotel Laurier: Conveniently located only steps away from AMMCS-CAIMS sessions, residence accommodation is an ideal and economical choice. Dormitory or apartment style accommodation is available. Rates are between $58.00/night to $78.00 per night and include a hot breakfast, wireless Internet and parking. We invite AMMCS-CAIMS Congress 2015 participants to experience the Laurier campus. Online reservations will be available starting in January. To reserve accommodation prior to that date, please go to accommodations.laurierconferences.ca/AMMCS-CAIMS or call 519-884-0710, x3958.
- Comfort Inn: (search hotels in Waterloo, ON): $109.99 for single/double occupancy, 1 or 2 Queen size beds, excluding taxes and breakfast, including wireless and parking. Contact: Tel. 1-519-747-9400 Email: email@example.com
- Four Points by Sheraton Waterloo-Kitchener: $129 for single/double occupancy, 1 or 2 Queen size beds, and $149 for single/double occupancy (+$10 for each additional person per night) for suites (1 King size bed + Pull out, or, 2 Queen size beds + Pull out). All prices exclude taxes and include a continental breakfast, wireless and parking. This hotel located in front of the Conestoga Mall, is located near restaurants and theater: there is a shuttle for maximum 6 people to WLU, and is on the route of the public bus #7 which stops on King Street near the Science Building. Contact: Tel. 1-866-222-9175 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Waterloo Inn: $129 for single/double occupancy, 1 or 2 Queen size beds, excluding taxes, This hotel is located near restaurants: there is a shuttle service to the University and is on the route of the public bus #7. Complimentary Shuttle Service provided to guests staying at the Waterloo Inn Conference Hotel. Breakfast Buffet for hotel guests included in their room rate – includes seasonal fruit, yogurt, pastries/egg/meat. Contact: Tel. 1-800-361-4708 Email: email@example.com
- Delta Waterloo: $149 for single/double occupancy, excluding taxes. We are conveniently located in the heart of Uptown Waterloo, and close proximity to Wilfrid Laurier University. Enjoy your stay in our ModeRoom guestrooms, full service restaurant, fitness room and pool. Contact 888-890-3222 or firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations. Please quote block AMMC0815.
- The Waterloo Hotel: $150 for single/double occupancy, 1 or 2 Queen size beds, excluding taxes, including an $8 breakfast voucher, wireless and parking. This hotel is located downtown Waterloo, near restaurants, theaters, shops, and is on the route of the public bus #7 which stops on King Street near the Science Building. Contact: Tel. 1-877-855-1890 Email: email@example.com
- Courtyard by Marriott: $139 for single/double occupancy, 1 or 2 Queen size beds, excluding taxes, All rooms are equipped with complimentary high-speed internet access. Contact: Tel. 50 Benjamin Rd. E. / Office: 519-884-1426 Toll Free Direct Reservations: 1-800-972-5371, Fax: 519-884-2532 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Waterloo-St.Jacobs: $139 for a King Studio Suite (1 King Bed, 1 Queen size pull out couch), $149 for a 1 Bedroom Queen Suites (2 Queen Beds, 1 Queen size pull out couch). All rooms are suite style with full kitchens. All prices exclude taxes and include a hot buffet breakfast daily, a complimentary dinner Monday-Thursday, WiFi, free parking, and a corporate shuttle to WLU. Take advantage of our great amenities, such as our swimming pool, fitness centre, outdoor patio/BBQ area and mini golf green. Contact: Telephone. 519-514-0088 Email: Reservations@homewoodsuitesstjacobs.com
- Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo: Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo is a short driving distance to Wilfrid Laurier, has over 100 local restaurants within walking distance, parking available on site, and the bus terminal is also a short walking distance. Being in the heart of downtown Kitchener we close to all this historic region has to offer. $115 plus taxes for single and double occupancy, and an additional $7 per person. This rate includes a continental breakfast per person. All guestrooms come with complimentary wifi, coffee & tea, and a fridge and microwave. Parking is available on site a discounted rate of $5 per vehicle per night. Phone: 519-744-4141, Fax: 519-744-1314, Reservations: 1-877-408-6665
- Holiday Inn Express: located in the heart of Southern Ontario and is steps to the St. Jacob's Farmer's Market, Antique Market, and Factory Outlet Mall. Our location is just over an hour west of Toronto and is only a short drive from the Region of Waterloo International Airport (YKF). We proudly offer complimentary Express Start Breakfast featuring two hot items daily omelets with cheese or scrambled eggs, sausage or bacon, and biscuits. 14 Benjamin Road. Book online or call: 1-877-660-8550.
Further details on Travel and Local Information can be found here.
Accessibility Statement: AMMCS-CAIMS2015 is committed to creating an accessible environment for all.